Pin It!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pandora's Box Was a Radio

As I was avoiding my work, as usual, I was reading a new blog (thanks for sharing Amy) and she asked if we knew about this internet radio website. Being the "I-live-in-a-cave" person that I am, I had not heard of it. I asked my step-son if he had heard of it, and he had not. So, maybe you have not.
Here's how you can find it. Click here!
I checked it out over the last couple of days and I am loving it! I never knew that the box Pandora opened was just a radio (actually "box" was misinterpreted and it should have been jar but you probably don't care about that). You've seriously got to check this out if you spend time online and need music in your life simultaneously. Which I do.
When Bud set up the office, he didn't put speakers in the waiting room or near the spot where I sit. So, for the last two years (come August), I have been working (if you can call what I do "work") without music, unless I get it from the computer, via website or CD. The problem with either of those choices is that I get tired of both of them. Too many commercials with regular radio and the CD's are just same old-same old. Now I have found the ultimate choice in music.
You start out by telling it a particular artist you enjoy. Then it pulls from its library other music that you might (or might not) enjoy as well. You can give each song a thumbs up or down but if you thumb down a specific artist twice, it will no longer play that artist in the future.
You can also set up different "stations." For instance, I have a soft music station where I can listen to Josh Groban and Jim Brickman etc. and then another where I can hear Alan Jackson and other country boys. Or, I can show my age by listening to Carly Simon, James Taylor and Carole King. It's pretty fun. Go check it out. Go. Go!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Totally cool! Totally awesome! What a perfect mix of music...just my style. I don't normally like to have noise around me while I do things, but now that I can have such a perfect mix at the touch of my computer, I may start tuning in more. Thanks for sharing Sister! You hook me up with the coolest things!

Amy said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing that! I'll check it out - and isn't that blog a good one?? I want an apron! :)