Pin It!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Madness Continues

I just found a website called Cookie Madness and perhaps I can find what I'm looking for there. I'll check it out and get back to you.

I tried these on Friday and I give them a thumbs down. They were too cakey. I'm looking for non-cakey. I used the basic Nestle recipe with the high-altitude directions which added 1/4 cup flour, decreased the sugars to 2/3 cup each and I boosted the vanilla to 1 T (because can you ever have enough vanilla?) and of course I did not add the nuts. Yuck. Oh, and I melted the butter because she said to (sorry SJ I did not read your comment on melting vs softening butter until Saturday morning, and yes, I have had a scale for about a month now), and she also said to add 2 T milk. Well, somewhere in all that, I was really hoping this was the one I was looking for but sadly, it was not. In fact, I baked five cookies and quit (yes, I know...you only see four cookies in the picture. I had to taste one while they were still warm) leaving the remaining dough in my fridge.

Maybe I'll just eat the dough. It tasted better than the cookie.
Perhaps in all my searching, it just might lead me back to where I was before I started all this. Back to Yaeling's recipe. Perhaps I had "the truth" from the very beginning and didn't know it. But I still have a few more possibilities up my sleeve in my recipe box waiting for their chance at stardom.
I'm making dinner today for my mother because it is her birthday in 2 days. If anything turns out and gets rave reviews, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

samandholly said...

Just do what I told you to and everything will be fine.

Laura Read said...

I want to know what you're doing with all these cookies

Patti said...

I'm just searching for that "killer" CCC. I guess I'm discontent with any recipe I have (I'll have to retry Yaeling's to see if it truly is "the one". I want to have a recipe that whenever anyone tastes that cookie they swoon.