Pin It!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grocery Guessing Game

Did you ever walk down the produce aisle looking around at the fruits and vegetables and come across something that you had absolutely no idea what-in-tarnation it was?
I was there the other day, wandering while Bud picked out all the things needing to be picked out (because I don't pick anymore, I just push the cart and wait for him to pick and sometimes I don't even push the cart) and I saw these things.
1.
2.
3.
4.
Do you have any idea at all what these things are? Let's play a game. Tell me what you think these things are and whomever gets the most right (#2 looks pretty easy)wins! Don't ask "wins what?" cuz there is only the prize of the satisfaction that you are smarter than everyone else that reads this post- yes, all 3 of you! Unless you want the Trisha Yearwood CD that I'm still trying to get adopted by someone.
I'll give you the answers tomorrow, although I know you'll get very little sleep tonight just wondering if your answers are right. I'm looking for big answers from Samuel and Nick! And sorry #3 is a little blurry. Just squint. It's what I always do when something is blurry.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't think my last comment worked, so I get to guess again.
1) manioc
2) parsnip
3) butter lettuce
4) tomatillos
Now, if I got some right, I made these guesses, if they're all wrong, it's my co-workers fault cuz this is what they told me to say, cuz you know I wouldn't know!!

LynnEl Springer said...

Cheryl - you are freakin' hilarious! :) And I just want you to know that I have some of those pictures in my refrigerator!! (Parsnips!)

Stephanie said...

Hey, it's your favorite person in the whole world - at least I was when I was 16. Maybe I've gone down a few notches since then. I just found your blog and you have the cutest grandbabies.

I'll participate, just so you know I'm smart.

1- Horseradish
2- rutabegas (I think parsnips are a little more carrot-y)
3- butter lettuce
4- tomatillos

Do I win??

Patti said...

You mean the "Stephanie whose father warned my eldest son that he had a gun and wasn't afraid to use it" Stephanie? Dang girl! How are you?
And yes, I DO have the CUTEST grandkids! Thanks for the compliment!

Stephanie said...

Yes, that Stephanie. Did he ever REALLY threaten, or was it just implied.

I'm doing good.

Come visit my blog - I've got a cute little redhead you might want to compare to your babies.

www.dancingaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Just for the record, he's never actually branished a gun in front of a perspective or actual boyfriend.. but it gets "good" reactions... and since we both married high school sweethearts i guess no harm no foul.. haha! btw this is KyLeyne sister to Stephanie, wife to Ben who of coarse you know we were connected to the hip to Sam for a stint before Ben's mission...talk about degrees of speration.. your blog (and your grandkids) are adorable!
tata
KyLeyne
www.thefoxkids.blogspot.com