Pin It!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthday Break

Monday is Bud's birthday. I'm taking him away from the office for a few days (because frankly, I need a break from doing nothing). We're going to where God made red dirt.


Here's the birthday boy himself.
That's him at the golf course. Maybe we'll dust off the clubs and hit swing at or around a bucketful of balls. I had the idea of trying to learn to golf left-handed for two reasons. First, I'm left-handed. Second, because I've played softball for so many years (right-handed), my body only knows how to swing as if the ball I'm trying to hit is much larger than a golf ball, and if someone is throwing the ball towards me. Every time I try to hit a golf ball, it either just dribbles three feet in front of me, or if I actually DO hit it, ZOOM-off to the right. Bud says it's due to my softball days. I'll never get the hang of it. Maybe it's because of the origin of the name of golf...Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden. There's no hope for me.
P.S. I might have a new grandson today, however, I won't be able to post about it until next Tuesday when I'm back at a computer. The next few posts will appear as if by magic even though I'm off gallivanting around St. George. so, Baby Eliot, if you do come today, welcome! I'll come see you next week!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

We wish Buddy a very very happy birthday! We're so thankful he came into your life and has made you so happy! Have fun in St. George, whether you go golfing or not!