Pin It!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hurry up and wait

I went across town to pick up our bookshelves today. They were ready to be picked up yesterday, but I didn't realize the warehouse closed at 3:30pm. When I got there today, there was a sign on the door that said they are closed on Wednesday. Seems someone failed to mention that little fact to me. When I got back to the office I called and complained (I know I'm not supposed to complain, but I wasn't wearing my purple don't-complain bracelet at the time) about not having been told the warehouse was closed Wednesday. The manager who called me back trying to smooth my ruffled feathers offered me $50 in-store credit. I asked for free delivery instead. He said he could do that, but I'd have to wait until Friday to call Customer Service to set up a delivery date. I'm sure that after I call on Friday they won't be able to deliver for several more days, so who knows when I'll ever get my den unpacked!
Tomorrow, in honor of Sara's very first birthday (besides her birth date) I'll go to Provo and have lunch with Karen and Caleb and hopefully Brandon too, if he can swing it. Happy Birthday tomorrow my little Sara Sweetie! Nana loves you!

3 comments:

Nora's world said...

Sara really likes Chick-fil-a. Since she isn't going to be at her bday lunch, I think you should let her pick the place.

samandholly said...

Wait a minute, it's Sara's birthday and Caleb goes out to lunch??? Oh, that makes sense!

Laura Read said...

Well, let's just hope that he doesn't get a present in honor of Sara's birthday too, because then it's just really not right!