Pin It!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A BYU Tribute

It's been hard for me to go back to talking about insignificant things on my blog. I'm still so tenderhearted about the passing of President Hinckley. I know that it is only through my own selfishness that I am sad. If I think of the grand party that is happening on the other side and how good it is for Pres. Hinckley to be with his sweetheart again, then it helps.
This is a small part of a speech he gave at BYU, along with photos of him on campus. It's nice to hear his voice. It helps me to remember him and to want to be a better person because of my love for him. Watch the slideshow to the very end. The last picture is so sweet and is the only reason I can agree in my heart to let this man go to the other side.

2 comments:

samandholly said...

http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=browse&speaker=Hinckley%2C+Gordon+B.&topic=&type=2&year=&x=13&y=5 has 37 different speeches given at BYU over the past 40-some years

Stacey said...

Oh man, Patti! I'm totally bawling! I heard about it about 8 pm on Sunday and was sad at first but then just thought of the awesome party they're having...But now I'm just thinking about how much i'm going to miss him and how sad I am for myself! Selfish, yes, but he's such a wonderful man and he was my prophet! You know? He was the prophet since I was like 8 and I just can't believe he's gone.