Last night we went to dinner at the Outlets at Traverse Mountain to celebrate a major achievement for my son-in-law. After dinner and a detour at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, we stopped in the kitchen store to see if they had a beater-blade to replace the one that broke some time ago. They had it, but it cost $30. I was not willing to fork over that kind of dough.
Bud and I had seen a couple days earlier, some Kitchen Aid machines at Costco. They were on sale for $279. The price at the kitchen store was $399 for the same machine. Nothing like realizing you had a bargain up your sleeve to make you want to cash in on it.

Today while we were at Costco for a totally unrelated reason, my sweet husband asked me if I wanted to buy the little...and then he used his hand to make a circle in the air...at which time I guess that his pantomime was asking if I wanted a new mixer. I told him that if they still had a red one, then it was a sign and if they didn't, that was a sign as well. At first glance, all we could see were silver ones (which would mean I didn't get a new machine!), but after looking past the ones stacked on the outside, we (I) delved deeper and after moving about five boxes of mixers, I found a red one! THAT was the sign I was hoping for! So now when my silver one dies (which it will probably do soon), I'll pull out this ruby-beauty and keep on going. Bonus- it includes the beater-blade that I didn't want to spend $30 on at the kitchen store. Bonus-bonus- it comes with a free offer for a pasta attachment ($149 value).
I have such a nice husband.
1 comment:
5 quart or 6 quart? My machine totally died just when I decided I was in the homemade bread phase of my life!!
Post a Comment