It's official name is Quick and Easy Chicken Wild Rice Soup. Since I used everything from my food storage (except the celery- that was fresh), I thought a better name for it was Food Storage Soup.
Melissa says it's her most requested recipe in her recipe arsenal.
Food Storage Soup (adapted from Melissa who adapted it from Taste of Home)
Makes about 6 cups of soup
5 2/3 cups water
1 (4.3-oz) box of Rice a Roni long grain and wild rice mix
1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix (I used Lipton)
2-3 ribs of celery, sliced
1/4 cup dried carrots (or 1 medium carrot, chopped)
1/4 cup dried onions (or 1 small onion, chopped)
1 (10 3/4-oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (13-oz) can cooked chicken (or 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped)
1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
In a medium pot combine water, rice with seasoning packet and the soup mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer ten minutes. Stir in condensed chicken soup, chicken and garlic powder. Cook eight minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Stir the soup occasionally or it may stick to the bottom of the pot.
This soup made enough for Bud and me to each have a large bowlful, with one bowlful leftover, so if you need to feed a larger family, I would suggest doubling the recipe.


No comments:
Post a Comment