My niece posted on Facebook that every single day is some kind of national "holiday." For instance, today is National Irish Coffee Day. Bleh. But tomorrow is National Peanut Brittle Day! Now I could get behind that kind of celebration. Some other noteworthy days coming up are National Popcorn Day, National Blueberry Pancake day, National Baked Alaska Day, National Carrot Cake Day, National Homemade Soup Day and National Chocolate Cake Day. If you're ever in need of giving something to someone and you don't know what to do, just
look up this chart and see what National Day it is and go with that! I looked up what day it was on my birthday. At first I was not so thrilled with National Spicy Hermit Cookie Day because I had never heard of a hermit cookie. Now I've heard of it and if you'd like to try it,
here's a recipe. I think because I don't like nuts so much, I'd have to do something about that, but I'm guessing it would be a great experience for my husband. Maybe I should make some for his birthday instead of mine.
I knew what Karen's birthday item was because she and I have actually celebrated it! Her favorite restaurant makes sure we all know when it is National Cheesecake Day! What is your birthday's National food celebration?
Thanks for the link, Bekah!
No comments:
Post a Comment