Pin It!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Puffy French Toast

There are several recipes that Laura has looked at for a long time and has wanted to make but in her tiny little kitchen in Columbus, felt overwhelmed to try. This is one of those recipes (however, it isn't difficult or time/space consuming). We ate it for breakfast this morning and it was insane! We were still eating more, long after we were full. I wish I had served this for breakfast last week when we had friends come over. I'm also trying to talk my sister into changing our Empty Nester party in December from a dinner to a breakfast, just so we can serve this.


I would suggest that you place all the batter ingredients in a blender and pulse just until smooth (so you don't incorporate too much air into the batter). Then dip and fry. We kept the cooked toast in 200°F oven while we finished cooking the rest so we could all eat together.
You can find the recipe here. Some of us ate it with buttermilk syrup and others ate it with strawberry jam and we had our fruit on the side, but you could certainly serve it as shown here. You could also cut it into strips instead of halves and serve French toast sticks.
After watching me place the fruit on the plate and dust the powdered sugar over it, Laura suggested that my next career I should be a food stylist. Ha ha!



1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

YUMMY!! You two girls together make some amazingly yummy dishes!! Love it! I want to come for dinner! Someone made these for me one time, I can't remember, but they were sooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!! Wish I could remember who made them. :( I hate losing my mind!