Pin It!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Strawberry Banana Cake

Before we start, I want to show you this zucchini that is full of love. Can you see it?
You gotta love it that the zucchini is giving back the love. Okay. Let's move on. 


I made a cake for my brother for his birthday. He wasn't feeling well so he didn't come to dinner. We ate the cake anyway.

The layers are custard from scratch (click here for the recipe) with sliced bananas, and strawberry jam mixed with a little Pastry Pride and fresh sliced strawberries in the middle layer. 

Then the whole thing is frosted in Pastry Pride. You haven't heard of it? Next time you go to Gygi's, pick some up and try it out. It's a life-saver in a tight time schedule. You can even get it at Costco (for those of you who aren't conveniently close to Gygi's and therefore have way more money than I do since you obviously don't spend a boatload of cash at Gygi's) but you have to buy it in the 8 lb container, and you have to buy it online.
Some of my guests thought it was the real thing (whipped cream). Another comment was "this is the best cake I have ever eaten," accompanied with an offer of mowing our lawn for a year along with doing the leaves and shoveling the driveway through winter. I'm not sure, but I think he liked it.



1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

Sounds like another keeper recipe!! Looks delicious! And I think I'd take that guy up on his offer!! :) Good deal all the way around!