Pin It!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Edinburgh

The cruise is almost over. Our last stop before France was Edinburgh. We did not take a Princess excursion in this city. We were on our own. There's good and bad to that. The good is not having to spend a million dollars. The bad is...well, you're on your own. That can be a little scary for me.
This was taken from the ship. Nice view. 

You can barely see our ship under the bridge, to the right. 

A row of houses on our way to the bus stop. 

As in, a for real bus. A city bus! 

A 200 ft tower dedicated to Sir Walter Scott, the poet.

It was pretty much the first day of sun the city had seen this year. 

Edinburgh Castle. I should have noticed how pale Bud had become, but didn't. 

Changing of the guard

The castle from another view







I love these kinds of city blocks.

A field of rapeseed is so pretty. 

Same bridge as before, but this one looks like bow tie pasta. 

And this? This made me feel 16 again.
Even though it's a Triumph Spitfire and not an
MG Midget, well... it's a long story.
But I still felt 16 when I saw it. 




1 comment:

LynnEl Springer said...

You're right, Bud does look extremely pale. And the car - it's not blue either... just sayin...and it's not wrecked either...just sayin...and it's older than 1 day old...just sayin!!! :)