Pin It!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Culzean Castle, Scotland

Here is Culzean (pronounced Col-lane...yeah, go figure) Castle. 

I was taking a picture of Bud when someone asked if we wanted our picture taken together. 

Yes, that's us, but I'd rather have had more of the arch in the frame than all that dirt.

Inside the turret on Bud's right
Almost there...
Ta-da! The castle. 

Gorgeous flowers throughout the area. 



Good thing there was no chance of this thing firing. 

This is the first room you come to inside the castle, the weapon room. 

Stairs. I didn't know we weren't supposed to take pictures inside the castle until just after this shot. Oops. 





This is on our way to the duck pond. Cool tree. 

We saw this bird on our way in and on our way out. He hadn't moved, except for his wings. 

This was on the way out and he held this "pose" for several minutes.
I don't know who he was trying to impress (besides me). 

Bud has a habit of feeding the birds (or chickens or fish) to get them to come close. 



The other side of the castle after we'd walked to swan lake. 




 
The old bridge in the town of Ayr. 

Same bridge, opposite side. 
I really liked this castle, but I loooooved the next castle coming up! It's what fairy tales are made of, for sure!


No comments: