Pin It!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Food For The Fourth

On Monday afternoon we had a little family get-together. Since Laura is the party-planner extraordinaire, we did it up with a "bang." Earlier in the week, I found this drink stand at World Market, but they were out of the buckets. We found this white one at Target.
Laura made the little sign for the bucket, but in the future I'm going to pop some vinyl lettering on there to match the occasion- whatever it might be.
Here we have homemade buns, pulled pork, baked beans in a jar (isn't everything cuter when it is in a jar?) topped with cornbread...
over there in the corner is Kate's (from OBB) Grilled Chicken and Berries Salad- yum.

Blueberry pie "shooters" (as Seth put it). Loved these because the crust to filling ratio was perfect.

Look at Laura's cute star-shaped cornbread.
The tablecloth is actually the back of a "quilt" that I made but haven't put it all together yet.
And now we get to the cool stuff...
Cheryl made the strawberries. Aren't they cute? And the jello salad (which wasn't Jell-O, it was made from scratch with Knox gelatin) was reeeeeally good!
And ta-da! The cake! Here comes the cake! Isn't the little bunting so cute? Good job, Laura.
Here's our patriotic flag cake.

My mom was SO surprised to see a flag inside.
The cake was a lot of fun to make. The whole day went well, and it was fun to see everyone.



4 comments:

Cheryl said...

So fun, so yum!

Michele said...

Wow! So cute and fun! And I really, really, really need to know how to make that cake! :o) Looks like a great party!

wylie said...

WOW! I hope you post all the recipes, I had to skim REALLY fast this post and I am hoping there are at least links. That food looks fabulous!

Jenny said...

Seriously, how did you make that cake? I must know!