Laura found a recipe on a website new to me (it's the same website where we found the idea for the flag cake). If memory serves me correctly, this cake was really tasty, and super easy, and very tall!
We tried to frost it the same way that Amanda did, but because my plate was so curved at the bottom, I had too much trouble making it work.
Of course, Amanda's photo of the cake looks more professional than my photo.
It's just a red velvet cake mix and a white cake mix. I used OBB's cooked frosting recipe for between the layers (because I was trying to be a little creative, and because it is so incredibly delicious) and then the whole thing is covered in Cool Whip (Samuel, don't judge). If you want to see how Amanda frosted it, look here. It's a cool technique.


No comments:
Post a Comment