Here is Laura, the Chief Master Planner. She is holding paper circles that have been sewn together along with the blue and white crepe paper that was also sewn together (I had nothing else to do while sitting around at St. George one weekend) that will be strung across the room.

Here is Cheryl trying to get it twisted the right way. There was a lot of up and down the ladder that day!

At one end there was a display of Mom's hobbies and interests, as well as photos of all her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.


We served strawberry shortcake from this table. I made the table cloth and got it finished enough to this point to use it. It still isn't finished, but it is the first thing on my list to do after the big "R" which is only 2 days away now!

We made all kinds of food. My friend, Julie, made the brownies, some cupcakes, and the cookies. Laura and I made everything else.

Laura wanted the theme to have a State Fair theme, so here is the Sweet Shoppe where the kids could cash in their tickets after playing little carnival games (which I don't have a picture of, but we made lots of cute games for the little ones to play).

And along with a photo of the pies, here is my friend Julie, who put all the table decorating together and served the shortcakes for us.


and a close-up of the cake, which wasn't really cake and wasn't served. It was made from rice krispie treats and covered with fondant, then Karen placed Laura's decorations in just the right spots.


Of all the days for Eliot to get super sick, with a fever and everything! Bad timing! He loves his thumb and his mom's hair.

A program was put together for each of the grandkids and greats to say a little something. Agnes and Caleb are "practicing."










4 comments:
Your mom looks fantastic, I would have never guessed she was 80. And what an awesome party, you guys really went all out! How fun!
I'm so glad you got pics of the room and food!
It is sure fun to see more pictures of the big party! I love everything!
Great pictures! Great party! Great program! that was all really great! I took tons of pictures of everything. Lots of random stuff. I can make a cd for anyone that's interested. That was the event of the year (oh, except my brother's wedding of course). I wish we could do that every year. ThAnks so much to everyone who worked so hard to make that so memorable for me ( well for grandma, but I really enjoyed it myself too!)
Post a Comment