Pin It!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Butterfinger Cookies

You know that stash of candy Bud bought a few days ago? I knew the Butterfingers wouldn't last until next Halloween, nor should they! Especially if you can use them making these cookies!
Inspired by this recipe, I adapted it slightly and came up with a really tasty cookie!

Butterfinger Cookies
1 stick of butter, slightly softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped Butterfingers (8 miniature Butterfingers will do the trick)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs for about five minutes. In a separate bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda; whisk to blend. Add dry ingredients to batter. Stir just until flour is incorporated.
You can either chop the Butterfingers or place them in a large Baggie and smoosh (do you use that word? I do.) them with your rolling pin. Add Butterfingers and chocolate chips to batter. Stir just long enough to blend everything together.
Drop by small cookie scoop onto "Pammed" cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine were done consistently at 9 minutes). If you have any leftover Halloween candy, and if they happen to be Butterfingers, make these right now!
And to give credit to King Arthur, I think the reason my last batch of "flopped" cookies was actually baker's error. In thinking back in my mind, I believe I added twice the amount of butter called for in the recipe. It's incredulous, I know! I'll for sure have to give the book another chance, just as soon as the Butterfinger cookies are gone (so...in about 20 minutes???).
Bud didn't buy nearly enough Butterfingers to get me through the year, now that I know what to do with them.

2 comments:

Ren said...

Sounds tasty. Caleb only got one Butterfinger for Halloween and I already ate it.

Jenny said...

Mmmm. I will have to give these a try.