Pin It!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Temper, Temper!

In my desire to figure out this candy-making process, I've learned a thing or two. You remember the chocolate-covered pretzels, right? I used some of that caramel to make something new.
Here we have chocolate-covered caramels and another concoction, caramel on a graham cracker which was spread with chocolate and also drizzled with chocolate.
My testers decided that the graham cracker guys needed more chocolate. And the chocolate caramels...look how dull they are. The chocolate should be shiny. Lucky for me, my candy-making tutor called me today. I told her about the dull chocolate. She said I need to temper the chocolate first. This means that I'll have to try again. Look at this if you want to learn how to temper chocolate too. And I've decided that the little square of caramel will taste even better if it's sitting on a pretzel twist. Yes, I like the pretzel-caramel-chocoate combination that much.

P.S. You still have one more day to vote. I've heard from most of my regular readers, but if you haven't voted yet and would like to put your 2¢ in, I'll wait a little longer before I tally the votes.

2 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

Not at all what I expected from your blog title, but I love it and am so excited to learn about tempering! Thanks for the help with that! and those candies/cookies/pretzels/caramels/chocolate look delicious!

wylie said...

Ohhhh good idea on the pretzel twist with the caramel. Do you need us to test again =) ?