Pin It!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Wish List and Frosting

Did you know that today is National Chocolate Day?

I've decided this is what I want for my birthday. I'll weed out as many as three other cookie books to have it! I'll even GIVE Meredith my High Altitude book to have this one.


Reasons why I love it (and just so you know, I borrowed it from the library, I don't currently own it):


  • it has over 500 pages. If I were to make one cookie recipe per day, it would take about a year and a half to make them all!

  • it gives measurments by weight as well as by standard measurements

  • it gives nutritional info (so I can see how fat I'll be after eating the cookies)

  • it has a whole chapter just on Molasses cookies, including one named Joe Froggers.

  • There's another recipe called My Favorite Jammies, and one called Nora's Date-stuffed Cookies. Let me just say that when Nora is old enough to be dating, he'd better not stuff himself with cookes. Really, I just like it that her name is in the book and that it's spelled correctly!

I could go on, but I won't (you're welcome). Let's get to the frosting recipe for yesterday's cookies.
This is like Wheel of Fortune's same name category-

Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting (see? whipped cream, cream cheese :))
1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (or almond, if you prefer)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix until very smooth and no lumps remain.
In a separate bowl, whip cream to stiff peaks (but don't overwhip). Combine the two mixtures until blended. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week.

If the cookies are left out overnight, the frosting will set up enough to semi-stack the cookies on to a plate. Otherwise, you need to keep these in a single layer.

Now to get back to reading my library book...

No comments: