Pin It!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Thing One and Thing Two

I finally learned enough about the Cricut to make something. Two somethings. Here's the first one. My nephew's daughter turned one on 8/8, so I made her a card. Nothing elaborate...
so then why did it take me about 3 hours to make it??? The learning curve in my head is steep.
At least two years ago, Bud bought gift cards from Hale Centre Theatre. They came in a very nice, sturdy envelope which I saved to use for safe keeping of lots of gift cards in my purse so I could find them easily. But after two years it was looking a little worse for wear, after having been taped back together a few times, and with one side completely torn off.
This new envelope is much cuter. And it only took me about 10 minutes to make that project!
I should hope so, since it was just a matter of peeling it off the mat and putting some tape along two sides. Now what shall I make next?

4 comments:

Laura Read said...

Really cute card, even if it took an eternity. Banner. Make a banner. Remember???

Jenny said...

You are supposed to be learning how to do vinyl phrases :).

wylie said...

I want to put in a request for something you could make too -- but I haven't a clue what it will do =)

Patti said...

Jenny, I'm waiting for a coupon from Joann's to buy vinyl. Wylie, it cuts stuff out. That's about all I know about it! Laura, I have cut a few circles out so far for the banner. Great progress huh?