Pin It!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sometimes I Just Don't Think

I needed a hostess gift for the family we're staying with in CA for the swim meet. I thought I'd go to Kneaders and have them put a nice basket together for me.
A couple loaves of bread, a breadboard, some honey roasted peanuts, lemon-blueberry bread, a couple jars of jam and a bottle of Mexican vanilla. I was so pleased with how it turned out.

Then Bud saw it.

He said, "How are you going to take that on the plane?"
I said "I'll hold it on my lap."
Him- "They probably won't let you do that during take-off and landing."
Me- "Oh. (pause) You're probably right."
Him- "Besides, the vanilla is liquid, and they'll probably have issues with the jam as well."
Me- "Oh. (another pause) I didn't think of that."
Him- "That means we'll have to check a bag."
Me- "Ugh."
So much for my great choices. Maybe I should have bought them a book instead.

2 comments:

Nora's world said...

Is it the kind of place that will make up a gift box and ship it for you?

Patti said...

I don't know if they ship. Does anyone know?