
Last night Bud and I went to the last of the Sundance Film Festival with some friends of ours who live in Park City. We saw two films, but we didn't see Robert anywhere around. The first was The Cove which is a documentary about the dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan. Although the movie was done well, the subject matter didn't sit well with me (or probably with anyone in the theater, as was their intention) and I wish I hadn't seen it. The second movie was An Education which was about a 16 year old girl in London in 1961 and her decisions regarding her education and whether to continue to pursue her dream of going to Oxford or to marry this somewhat older man who has shown her the glitzy and glammar of the lifestyle he lives. She eventually finds out he isn't exactly who or what he professes to be, and the bottom line is I wish I hadn't seen that movie either. The acting was done well, but the storyline was such that I was just too uncomfortable with it. From the moment he met her and offered her a ride when it was pouring rain I had a bad feeling about the guy. Turned out I was right. Is there anything uplifting out there anymore?
2 comments:
Robert Redford is definitely uplifting!!! Ah, I love him. :)
He's gettin' old - but still so beautiful!
Post a Comment