Peanut Butter Blossom cookies with a twist. Instead of the kiss being on top of the cookie, it's inside the cookie, except it isn't a kiss.

Here's the ingredient list:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
2 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup flour
5 oz Hershey milk chocolate bar
Additional sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the shortening, peanut butter, egg and milk; add both sugars. Mix in the soda, salt and flour until combined. Break the chocolate bar into each rectangle piece, and then cut those pieces in half.

I used my larger cookie scoop and it was probably a little too big for the cookie size I would have liked. You just need enough dough to cover the chocolate piece.

See how this is a little more dough than I need? Anyway, wrap the dough around the chocolate, and roll it in sugar.

Bake these guys for 8-10 minutes, depending on how big of a scoop of dough you're using.
I had leftover chocolate (that issue of too much dough per cookie deal), so I decided to use it up.

I tossed it into a ziploc snack bag with a smidgen of shortening-

and melted it.

I snipped off a corner (make your snip teeny-tiny) of the baggie and made these plain cookies look like...

...these guys.

There you have it. A bite of chocolate inside your peanut butter cookie.

Kind of fun, and rather tasty. Karen says she gives them a 6, and probably higher if she ate them warm. She didn't love the chocolate inside when it was cold and had re-hardened. I think I would give them a 7.
This recipe should yield about 2 dozen cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment