Winner, winner, chicken dinner! If I had known this is what they were talking about all this time when they used that phrase then I would have cashed in a lot sooner. This meal (I used a weird filter and it looks rather red) was so simple to make and everyone loved it! The neat thing about it too is that you can substitute things in or out according to your preference. Another Six Sisters' Stuff win!
Chicken Spaghetti by Six Sisters' Stuff, adapted slightly
2 cups cooked chicken, cut up (I used a precooked Costco chicken)
3/4 to 1 lb. package uncooked spaghetti noodles (I used 3/4 lb.)2 cans 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom (or Cream of Chicken) soup
3 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided (I used a conglomerate of cheeses that were opened in the fridge)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained (or use fresh)
1/4 cup onion, diced1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1 t seasoned salt
Dash of cayenne pepper (optional- I didn't use it)
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken or vegetable broth
Break noodles into 2" or 3″ pieces and cook according to package directions. Place cooked noodles into a large bowl. Add chicken and toss together. Add soup, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, 2 cups of cheese, seasoned salt, and cayenne pepper. Mix all together. Add about 1 cup of the chicken broth and stir it in, then and add a little bit more if needed. You want it nice and moist, but you don’t want it to be too runny. I used the whole amount and it was fine. Lightly spray a 9×13″ glass pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the pan. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese. You could also top with bread crumbs or after it has baked for 25-30 minutes you could add french fried onions to the top.
Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes (or until hot and bubbly).
Other substitutions that would be tasty would be chopped celery, mushrooms, zucchini, or whatever sounds good to you. Really, you can't go wrong.

No comments:
Post a Comment