When I visited Karen in Arizona in March, she fed me Dryers Butterfingers ice cream (a vanilla-based ice cream with chunks of Butterfingers and a peanut butter swirl running through it). I was in love. Unfortunately, it was harder to find in Salt Lake than it was in Mesa, so I switched to Dryers Slow Churned Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream instead (same base and peanut butter swirl- just switch baby Reese's pb cups for the Butterfingers). Still in love! And maybe even more so because it was slow churned which meant forty fewer calories per serving. Yesterday, my husband broke out a carton of Breyer's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream and it was super yummy too! Breyer's uses a peanut butter flavored based ice cream. I think in my mind it is all about the peanut butter, and the more of it, the more I love it. So I decided to make a peanut butter ice cream sauce to pour over some vanilla ice cream, just in case my supply of specialty ice cream in the freezer disappears.
Peanut Butter Sauce
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Bring the first three ingredients to a simmer over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add heavy cream and vanilla extract. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm over ice cream (some kids like it spread on a slice of bread for lunch!).
No comments:
Post a Comment