Pin It!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Frozen Butterfinger Pie

Several days ago, some friends and I were discussing Pinterest. I told them I only used it for pinning the things I wanted to remember, and that I didn't look at what other people pinned. When I came home, I decided to see what all the hubbub was about in looking at other people's pins. Big mistake. Now I want to see other people's pins all the time. And to round out the obsession, I did a search with the word "Butterfinger." Second big mistake! Or not! I was having some company over tonight and needed a killer dessert, and this is what I decided to make.

The recipe came from here, but I didn't have any Cool Whip so I used sweetened whipping cream. 

To decorate the plate, I made the peanut butter sauce from this post and the hot fudge sauce from this post. I added a squirt of pressurized whipped cream and topped it with a Butterfinger Snackerz.

Frozen Butterfinger Pie (adapted slightly)
Oreo pre-made crust (or make your own, as easy as this)
8 oz cream cheese, softened (I would have preferred a little less cream cheese, but that's just me)
half of a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk (so, 7 oz!)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
8 oz tub Cool Whip (or 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup powdered sugar whipped together until stiff)
8 miniature Butterfinger candy bars, coarsely chopped (or 4 regular-sized bars)

In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Beat on medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes). Add the Butterfinger pieces, then fold in the whipping cream or Cool Whip.
Spread mixture into crust. Cover and freeze about three hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving, and garnish as desired.

Oh, Pinterest. I'm afraid I'll be spending way too much time at your place from now on.


No comments: