Pin It!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Going To Gygi's

Last week we had a Stake barbecue. No, they did not barbecue steaks at the stake barbecue. I had signed up to bring a dessert. No surprise there. I wanted to use up what I had on hand, so this is what I made. Both cupcakes are basically the same, but one is topped with sprinkles and the other with a boysenberry.
The frosting is Pastry Pride which was whipped up a week or so ago. It stayed fresh in the refrigerator very nicely. 

Inside the cupcake I squirted in some raspberry filling. I've been trying to use that up for a while. The random lady we sat across from at the barbecue bit into the cupcake (she took one with the berry) and proclaimed, "Mmm, this is gooood!" She didn't know me, nor did she know I'd brought those cupcakes. I smiled. 

The Pastry Pride and raspberry filling were both bought from Gygi's. I'm on my way to Gygi's tomorrow to get some of these books signed by Sara and Kate! Might as well pick up some more Pastry Pride and raspberry filling. Now that I've used it up, I need to re-stock! And yes, Jenny, I'll probably buy some sprinkles. What's a trip to Gygi's without buying sprinkles? 





1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I hope you have a $100 in your pocket! You know how you are at Gygi's!!