Pin It!

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Search is Over


I have thought I'd found the best chocolate chip cookie recipe before, but I was wrong. Not too long ago, I showed you some stuffed cookies using a recipe from Picky Palate. I've been using her recipe ever since, so I wanted to put it on here without having to click over to the link so it could be found easier. 
Picky Palate's Perfect CCC
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T vanilla (yes, a tablespoon, not a teaspoon)
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I use Hershey's milk chocolate chips instead)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (I found some flat pre-cut sheets at Gygi's that I am loving!) or a Silpat liner.
Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. 
Put the flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl and whisk briefly to combine, then add flour mixture to butter mixture and blend until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. 
I use my small cookie scoop and bake them for 9-11 minutes (they're usually perfect at 9 minutes). Let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then remove them to a cooling rack to cool for as long as you can stand it before you start diving into these lovely creatures. This is my forever and always from now on ccc recipe for the rest of my life. 





3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yum! I will have to try it and see, but with nuts of course!

Berekah said...

These are seriously the best CCC. Everyone that tastes these tells me they are Perfect. I get a billion praises on them. I have found they are even perfect enough to make with no chips (GASP!) and little too much salt, those are my favorite.
Don't even try a different recipe. This is the one

Thanks for finding it.

Patti said...

Yay Bekah! I'm so glad you love them as much as I do!