Last night I was on barbecue duty (third time this week- it's the only way to go!) and while I was outside, my older grandchildren decided to teach my youngest grandson to cowboy up to the big swing. Here's Agnes helping Eliot get seated. I love how they used the wagon to give him the height he needed to get on it.

Look at Agnes holding it steady while he gets seated. You may wonder what Caleb is doing. First, take a look at his mighty cape that Laura made (Eliot's birthday party is on Saturday- it is a super hero theme, so all the kids will be caped. Caleb pretty much never takes his off. He loves it).

Okay, ready to go. Next Agnes will kick the wagon out of the way before she gives him a push (I didn't get a picture of that- they didn't even know I was watching, let alone documenting it all).

She's making sure he's okay. It was funny- Agnes and Caleb kept saying "Remember, safety first!" Cracked me up!

Looks like he loves it! Great smile, Eliot!

Now you can see Caleb's part in the whole thing- he's the brakes! When Eliot wants to stop, Caleb grabs the chain and pulls him to a stop so Eliot wouldn't get nervous.

Then there was the changing of the guard, and it was Caleb's turn to push and Agnes' turn to brake.

They had a good time. So what was for dinner? Kabobs. Super yummy kabobs, I might add.

And easier than anything! Pour a half bottle of Italian dressing over bite-sized chicken breasts and marinate that for 2-3 hours. Cut up your veggies (yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, and peppers) and marinate them for only about 20 minutes. Soak your wooden skewers for 30 minutes so they won't turn into firewood on the barbecue. Thread everything onto your stick and Q-away until the chicken is cooked through. Super tasty.

Oh, I did give it all a dusting of sea salt before cooking and just a touch of Montreal Steak Seasoning as well. This recipe is modified from Our Best Bites cookbook, page 116, in case you were wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment