Last night Bud was channel surfing and came across an older woman singing at the piano. I stopped to listen. It seemed like I should have known who she was, but I couldn't put a name to the face or the songs. I finally said to Bud, "I feel like I want her name to be Janis." A song or two later I said, "If I had to say right now, I'd say Janis Ian." Turned out that the next song was 'Seventeen,' her most popular song, from 1975, which means most of you out there won't know who she is anyway. The last song of the evening was one called 'Joy.' I hadn't heard it before and loved the lyrics. I wanted to remember them, so here they are.
I wish you roses in the spring
Fledglings on the wing
Fireflies that sing your name
I wish you flowers in the grass
Memories that last
Shelter from the passing rain
I wish you joy
I wish you joy
I wish you joy
I hope the wind is at your back
keeping you on track
That you never lack for love
I hope you walk beside your heart
even in the dark
guided by the stars above
I wish you love
I wish you love
I wish you love
So wherever you may roam
out there on your own
home is just a heart away
I wish you
I wish you
I wish you
What brings you joy? How can you have more joy in your life in 2010? Can you look for joy each day? I'm sure if you do, it will be easier to find. What brings me joy, among others...
these kids.

My New Year's resolution is to find joy in each day this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment