Sunday evening we had a tea party because Agnes wanted one. We invited my sister and all her girls to come, or as many as were conveniently available. I was in charge of making the banner. It was difficult to get a good photo of it, but it says Sugar N Spice, and has a photo of the four children who attended.

Laura created the table setting. I loved the pedestal plate (a paper cup turned upside-down with a plate sitting on top. Clever). She made paper flowers and fancied up the cups and straws too.) I made the cupcakes- lemon with strawberry frosting. I had issues with the frosting being too runny, but with the leftovers, I'm thinking it makes a fabulous fruit dip! Look at the mini tarts Laura made. So cute.

Here's the girl who wished for the party.

As soon as the girls came inside, they knew exactly what to do and how to do it.

Boys weren't invited. Sorry Eliot.

I found some beads and the girls had fun "starting" their necklaces. The moms ended up finishing them for their little ladies (short attention spans at ages 2 and 3).

We all had a great time, the girls because they got to play, and the moms and grandmas because it was so fun to watch the girls having fun.

Thank you for coming! Hugs and kisses!

A total success! Sweet!
2 comments:
I am soooooooooooo impressed with all the cute tea party things! The table was to die for - so cute! Nice banner and so much fun for these sweet little girls! How come nobody ever did this for us!?? I would have loved this as a little girl! Where were our grandmas? Maybe grandmas these days are wayyyyyyy cooler!! Great job Nana Patti! and Laura!!
Such a cute tea party! How fun for a grandma to do--I'm going to steal that idea when I have a grand daughter old enough!
Post a Comment