Pin It!

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes


Bad lighting- good cupcake! I made cupcakes to take to the Empty Nester's party last night. Because we had a funeral which filled up most of my hours yesterday, I got up early and made some pumpkin cupcakes. They failed completely. When I got home from the funeral proceedings, I threw the pumpkin cupcakes in the trash and started over. I had one hour from start to finish to get these done. We were ten minutes late to the party, which was ten minutes too late and most of the food was gone by the time we got through the line. There was an unbalance between salads and desserts, with way more desserts. Maybe that's why only three people took a cupcake (besides Bud and his daughter, Lynda). Too bad for the rest of them, because these were really good. Really good.

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
1 spice cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 pumpkin spice instant Jell-O (small)
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cup water
Beat all ingredients on low speed for 30 seconds, then beat on medium speed for two minutes. Scoop into liners and bake for 18-22 minutes at 350°F. until a toothpick tests clean with no crumbs attached. Remove from oven and cool for five minutes in the pan and then put them in a large baking pan and cover with plastic wrap until completely cool.
Pumpkin Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1-2 cups powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip (I used Pastry Pride)
Beat cream cheese for three minutes and then add pumpkin and spice, and powdered sugar. Beat until creamed. Fold in Cool Whip, (or whip Pastry Pride until thick) and fold in pumpkin mixture. Top with Pumpkin Spice M&M's or sprinkles, and dust lightly with pumpkin pie spice.



No comments: