Pin It!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Book is Done!

I have been majorly preoccupied with typing, setting, editing, rearranging, fixing, and finishing Bud's life history to be self-published. I finished it today and sent it to the publisher, ordering one copy so we can preview it to make sure it's perfect before we order multiple copies. The last time I ordered multiple copies without viewing it first, my mother ended up being named Eerie, and my stepfather, Waltz. So, I've learned my lesson and I will check the book while it is in my hand before I stock up. At almost $90 a book, I don't want any mistakes!
Speaking of which, as soon as I uploaded it and ordered it, and it was a done deal, I noticed that the picture on the front cover needed to be repositioned because it chops off part of Bud's hair (that was back when he had some). Drat. Too late to fix that now. If there are no other mistakes, I might let that go rather than uploading the book again, but if you know me...well, I might not be able to live with that and will have to upload anyway.
The whole point of this post is to let you know I have a life again, and might just get back to blogging one of these days.



2 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

Don't look so closely - pretend you are someone else just enjoying the book and not looking for the mistakes - which make it human!! You are human you know! And occasionally a human makes a mistake. The book will be fantastic! Congratulations!

Patti said...

After checking the book, we are doing some major re-writes, so it will be another week before I feel comfortable that it is done (again). Mediocre vs. superior rules again.