You probably think I'm baking something, but I'm not. What smells so good? Laundry soap!
I pinned a "recipe" for homemade laundry soap onto my Pinterest board awhile ago and have been eager to try it out. I've been on the search for Zote soap ever since and I'll save you some trouble and just tell you that I found it at
Lowe's Walmart Target Big Lots, at the huge cost of 90¢ a bar (so of course I bought 8 bars)! I found the "recipe"
here.
 |
| The list of participants |
 |
| This pesky guy was hard to find! |
 |
| I had to slice it in half to put it in my food processor, but it cut like butter. |
 |
| Into the food processor it goes, using the fine shred blade. |
 |
| I put it into an old (and I mean OLD, this was from July of '73 when my dad filled it with wheat!) plastic bucket. |
 |
| Here it is all stirred up. |
 |
| I was told to put it back in the Purex container, and yes, it looks cute in there, but the Zote soap doesn't come out of the hole easily. Spare yourself the trouble and put it back in the Oxi Clean bucket! |
I found all the ingredients for this at Walmart, except for the Zote soap. I know, Walmart is your least favorite place to shop, but sometimes it just gets the job done. I layered the ingredients a little bit to make mixing it easier. I also put the lid on the bucket and rolled it around, but eventually I just stuck my hand in there to really mix it up. After all, it's only soap. If you use your food processor to grate the soap, make sure you wash it really well afterwards! It is supposed to last for-ev-er. I washed one load of whites last night. There was no static cling and they were clean and smelled nice (I thought they might smell a little stronger, but they didn't). But if I can wash clothes for mere pennies, count me in.
3 comments:
I have used this for about 4 years now, but I use a different soap - Fels Naptha. I find it at Walmart for about 99 cents. The bonus is that it is a stain remover, too, and the smell is really nice. Yea for saving money!
Stephanie, I had a bar of Fels Naptha at home that I could have used, but thought the Zote would smell nicer.
Macey's has Zote as well, that is where I get mine for our laundry detergent. I like Zote over Fels Naptha mainly because the Zote bar is about twice the size for the same price. And I like how Zote smells.
Post a Comment