Pin It!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Practice Run

My cousin needed a favor. She asked me to make some treats for her daughter's missionary homecoming.
All I was told was that her daughter liked chocolate and M&M's. 

But sometimes there are people that don't like chocolate so much, so I thought I'd better cover that base as well. I made these lemon strawberry cupcakes.
She said she'd pay me, but I didn't want to charge her for my time. Karen was "worried" they might not taste super excellent, so she volunteered to taste test them before I sent them out. How kind of her to volunteer to be my scrutineer, right? They passed her inspection, no problem.
Then I realized as the day progressed and I hadn't heard from my cousin that perhaps there was a problem. I checked the FB message again and there was no actual date on the message, it just said Wednesday. When I looked on her home page, it said she'd be finished as a missionary mom in 16 more days. That was on April 2. Guess I'm a week early with all these treats and will have to do it all again next Wednesday. Now I need to find someone to eat these treats.

Strawberry Frosting
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup strawberry jam
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp raspberry extract, if desired
Beat cream cheese and butter in stand mixer for five minutes. Add jam and blend until combined. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Too bad about getting the date wrong, but good for all of us who got to eat your treats. The cupcake was melt in your mouth delicious!

Laura Read said...

I can't wait to be at your house this summer. Both for the making and the eating factors. So much for waiting until Friday to post!