Pin It!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Butterfinger Blizzard Cupcakes

Last night, Karen wanted to make something really delicious. She looked at a few cookbooks and ditched them all. She asked me about a blog I look at that features cupcakes that are so beautiful, but they're not only beautiful, they are usually divine. Last night's cupcakes were divine. These cupcakes need Butterfingers. Do you have any left over from Halloween?
You need to skin them from their chocolate covering. It's easy to do if you trim the sides first, then the tops and bottoms come right off.



Once you get the cupcakes baked, you fill them with a caramel sauce. Doesn't my model have gorgeous hands?
You can also use a squeeze bottle to fill the cupcakes if you don't have this paraphernalia. Or cut a cone-shaped piece out of the cupcake and spoon it in and cover it back up with the cake. 

After you frost them, they look like this. 

But how do they taste? Let's see...







I think you can read that look for yourself, without any interpretation from me.



You can get the recipe here. Lizzy has some other great cupcakes. Take a look around at Lizzy's blog and find some you want to make. It won't take long, I'm sure.







2 comments:

Laura Read said...

So did Karen actually fill the cupcakes, or is she just being a model with pretty hands for the picture? Too funny. The pictures look great, by the way. Really pretty of the cupcakes all together.

Ren said...

Pretty hands? I was thinking as I read this, "Man, I do weird things with my hands. Are my hands always that weird looking or just when you're taking my picture?"

And yes, Laura, I did fill the cupcakes. And cut the chocolate off the Butterfingers. And sprinkle the frosted cupcakes with Butterfinger crumbs. And add the little chocolate sliver as a garnish. (Did that make it sound like I was an active participant? Or like I skipped all the hard work?)